Grab your blender! That is all you need for this plant-based tiramisu cheesecake. This recipe calls for making 1 (9-inch) cheesecake in a springform pan but don’t worry if you don’t have one just use a muffin tin (or two) to make individual cheesecakes. Pro-tip: cut parchment paper into strips and place under the crust layer when using a muffin tin. Make sure the paper is sticking out from the cheesecake. When ready to eat, just pull on the paper sticking out and they will easily pop out.
Unlike, most no-bake cheesecakes this one doesn’t have to be kept frozen. It will hold up in the refrigerator- in fact it will be the perfect texture. The cheesecake will also stay together at room temperature for an hour or two (just not on hot summer days).
vegan + gf
makes 1 (9-inch) cheesecake
1/2 cup gluten-free oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup dates
1/2 tsp instant coffee
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 + 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp instant coffee granules
2 tbsp coffee liqueur
cacao powder, for dusting
2 tbsp cacao nibs for sprinkling
1. In a food processor, grind walnut, oats, salt, and instant coffee until a coarse flour. Add dates and process until dates are smooth and mixture forms a ball.
2. Line a 9-inch spring form pan with wax or parchment paper. Press crust into pan and press down evenly. Place in freezer.
3. Soak cashews and coconut in boiling hot water for 20 minutes. Drain water and add cashews and coconuts to a high-speed blender.
4. Add remaining filling ingredients to blender blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust flavors as desired.
5. Pour filling on top of crust and smooth. Place in freezer for 4 hours or overnight
6. Serve frozen or straight from the refrigerator. Garnish with cacao powder and nibs before serving.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, and don’t forget to tag a picture #shupessoups on Instagram. I am excited to hear from you. Happy cooking!